What Exactly is Holistic Addiction Treatment?
A lot of people and health professionals are opting to supplement traditional treatments for a broad spectrum of illnesses by using holistic or alternative treatments. Addiction and substance abuse treatment centers are also responding to this trend and are incorporating a range of holistic methods in their treatment programs.
Holistic addiction treatment aims to address all aspects of the “whole person” that is mind, body and soul aligned. Treatment centers have realized the advantages of allowing patients to manage their psychological and physical needs in the same way. The availability of holistic treatment options allows addict treatment centers better tailor recovery plans to the needs of patients.
Click here to talk with one of our treatment specialists today or contact us any time, 24/7 toll-free at (855) 762-3796
A few of these therapies involve meditation, exercise and nutrition in order to help people overcome addiction. If patients are able to benefit from these treatments they can be a great complement to certain aspects of the traditional treatment and recovery programs. Some of the problems that which holistic treatments can address are:
Stress and emotional issues that might have contributed to the development of withdrawal symptoms like applying acupuncture or massage to muscles and pains. Strengthen your spiritual grounding Help to regulate eating habits and treat nutritional deficiencies that are the result of addiction to substances for a long time
A few therapeutic techniques, like Reiki and Acupuncture, are designed to correct the energetic imbalance that a person has. Many who have utilized Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) believe that it is a great way to increase the likelihood of lasting sobriety. However, it is suggested that holistic therapies be utilized in conjunction with conventional and standard recovery methods and not to substitute for the use of evidence-based methods.
Whole-Person Treatment in Alcohol & Drug Rehab
Holistic medicine is a method of treating people as the “whole person” that is, it treats the mental, physical as well as the spiritual aspect of the disease all at once. If treating the entire person suffering from addiction to alcohol and drugs addiction, the goal is to address all aspects of addiction, not just the mental or physical for the purpose of achieving long-term sobriety. Addiction is a problem that affects all aspects of a person, and every one of them needs to be healed.
Holistic Treatments Methods
Holistic therapy is a broad concept that covers all aspects of healthy living from meditation to exercise. The most popular therapies are:
- Nutritional Therapy: A healthy diet is essential to allow the body to heal and fill in the gaps caused by malnutrition and weight loss or weight gain that addiction may be causing or has caused.
- Exercise or Recreational Therapy: Regular exercise can help relieve stress, build up the body, and establish the foundation for a routine.
- Yoga and Meditation: It can be done through yoga and tai-chi. Meditation practices can help reduce stress and improve concentration and alleviate stress.
- Massage as well as Acupuncture: Massage can calm the body and relieve tension, and aid in easing pains and aches as you go through withdrawal. Acupuncture is a great way to relieve anxiety, stress, depression, as well as different aspects related to addiction.
- Art and Music Therapy: Both have numerous advantages, including relaxation and helping patients manage their emotions related to their addiction.
Benefits of Holistic Treatment for Addiction
Holistic therapies can enhance the advantages of traditional addiction therapies. Some of the advantages include:
- Great for stress relief
- Treats the whole person
- Reduced chance of relapse over the long term
- Improved sleeping habits and healthy eating habits.
- Help establish an exercise routine that is healthy and balanced.
- Wider range of treatment options
- Helps addicts explore and identify the root of their addiction
All In Solution’s Holistic Approach to Treatment for Addiction – West Palm Beach
If you’ve been looking for holistic treatment facilities in West Palm Beach, All In Solutions Counseling Center might be the one you’ve been searching for. Their approach to client care and holistic treatment program can help you build confidence and create a solid support system, and help achieve long-term sobriety. We integrate our holistic treatment methods with medically-supervised detox as well as mental health counseling to develop customized treatment plans for each patient. To learn more about this holistic program for treating addiction West Palm Beach, give us a call now. We’re always ready to address any of your concerns.
All In Solutions Counseling Center is a network of addiction treatment providers. We outpatient and inpatient addiction treatment programs that are uniquely designed to meet each client’s needs. Our specialized programs include:
- Christian recovery
- Medication assisted opiate treatment
- Art therapy for addiction
- Men’s rehab
- Female-only addiction treatment
Our locations include: